Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
Come and see… The R.C.I.A. journey may be for you! Sessions typically begin in October and classes meet weekly.
Have you ever wondered about...
- Celebrating the sacraments in the Catholic Church?
- Growing in experiencing and understanding Catholicism as a way of life?
- RCIA is a process through which adults complete and celebrate their initiation into the Catholic Church.
Is RCIA for me?
It is for you if any of the following apply
- You are an adult who has never been baptized or confirmed or who has received first Eucharist.
- You are a person who was baptized but not confirmed and/or did not receive first Eucharist.
- You have been a member of another faith community and now wish to discern your involvement with a Catholic community.
- You wish to know more about the Catholic faith.
- You are searching for a faith community in which to belong and deepen your commitment to being a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- You wish to grow in finding life's meaning and connecting the beliefs and practices of the Catholic faith with real life.
What Happens During the RCIA Process?
During this process, individuals who come gather with members of the faith community to grow in understanding Catholic beliefs and practices, share and listen to faith stories, reflect upon the Sunday Scripture readings, and discern the call to a faith community. You are free to leave the group at any time. Along the journey, the faith community celebrates special liturgical and ritual moments with you. The faith community promises to support you, pray for you, and encourage you. The group meets on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 PM.
You will need a sponsor and if not baptized, a godparent(s). You are to choose a godparent(s) and you may choose a sponsor or the Church may provide a sponsor for you.
We welcome you at any time into this process. Our formal process begins in late September or early October and goes approximately until the end of April.
Become involved in RCIA
The RCIA process involves the entire faith community. Perhaps you are already a member of the parish and would like to be more significantly involved in the RCIA ministry. Here are a few ways to become involved:
- Pray for those going through the process or those who are considering it.
- Invite and welcome someone who is searching to give us a call.
- Share your faith story.
- Become a sponsor who walks with the person in RCIA. A sponsor is someone who supports along the way.
- Become and RCIA Core Team member, helping lead in different capacities through the process.
Contact the parish office at 952-374-9106 for more information.